Perfect Balance: PG Perfect Balance: PG

Fun but annoying ads

Ok, this puzzler was quite fun, not too difficult but enough to challenge the mind. However, twice during my play of the 40 levels was I interrupted, MESSING up what I was doing, by ADS. I don't want to see an ad while I'm playing a game. Before, after, sure. But not in the middle of it!

ttursas responds:

Ok took away the ingame ads.

Optimize your Flash Optimize your Flash

an essential tutorial

Everybody who's new to submitting should read this. It helped me in so many ways in reducing file sizes, and the linked websites provided awesome sound editing tools. Of course since I'm using AS3 the preloader section didn't help much, but that's ok I already found a tut and built a preloader with NG's logos for whenever I finish my first flash. Back on topic, great tutorial with mix of text, animated visual guides, and some easy-on-the-ears music.

AS3 Calculator AS3 Calculator

neat

This is pretty cool, the only thing is from the icon I thought it was going to be in a calculator organized format, instead its just an input and output box and some buttons. If you remake this, it would look cool in calculator form where you could either press the buttons or press the keys.

HOLD ON one second: I just watched a youtube tutorial that looks just like your layout, (not talking about background or graphics)

Sure this is helpful (for those too lazy to google!) but anybody can google cs3 actionscript 3 calculator and get this tutorial...

AS3 Button Game Tutorial AS3 Button Game Tutorial

Thanks

I've been looking around for AS3 tutorials and this helps a little. You should show how to do more than just a simple button press though. The only part of this tutorial that was helpful for me was the correct syntax for getting a button to respond to a click. Maybe for your next tutorial you could include syntax for stuff everyone uses, such as timeline control (ie press this button to go the beginning frame). Still thanks!

Aiso-Chat 4.13 Aiso-Chat 4.13

cool chat room

I signed in as guest, and it was pretty cool. An actual chat room using flash-based technology(of course I assume there's some kind of server being used, but still this took a lot of programming to make. The interface is nice and clean, with the ability to change your text color. There's a simple game (number guess, not very good but shows how there could be more mini-games to play). You can even create a real username/password to log in as an actual user, not just a guest. It also displays your latency(lag) in the bottom-left corner so you know why your posts take so long (if yours do like mine). Overall an amazing piece of flash. A real functioning chat room. Now what'd really be cool is multiple chat rooms with ability to designate topics. Of course I'm not sure how much that would cost to implement.

Arkzones' painting Method Arkzones' painting Method

Thanks

This was really helpful, I understood some of the uses of grouping things. Now I feel better able to create shaded objects. My only question is what version of Adobe Flash you were using, because I could not figure out how to get the radial gradient to start from the right of the thrid group rather than the center. I'm using Adobe Flash CS3. But questions aside, this is a useful tutorial.

Sprites: Done Right Sprites: Done Right

Great

This was really helpful. Previously I had been using the trace bitmap command but break is a lot easier, at least with sprite sheets that have invisible backgrounds. The only suggestion I'd have are back buttons that would send you to the beginning of the last step you just explained. There were times when I wanted to you to repeat what you had just done/said, and I had to reload the flash to see it again. Otherwise a top-notch tutorial for someone new to sprites.

ChatterBox Chat Room v2.0 ChatterBox Chat Room v2.0

This fooled my friends!

I had this open in my room in a new window, and my friend thought it was for real. He was chatting on it and I came in and laughed at him. But seriously, it looks pretty much like a chat room, and the bots respond so convincingly with most any input. This is amazing.

ZiggyZack99 responds:

Your friends are stupid.

Make the Madness! Make the Madness!

a decent Madness dress-up game

This is a cool concept, a dress-up game for Madness. The graphics match the series and the clothing items "fit" perfectly. However the selection is a little limited, and it doesn't include many of the fan (ie my) favorites: Jesus, zombie, etc. Still I liked it.

System Savior System Savior

fun but confusing

I enjoyed this game but it took me a couple tries to figure out that you have to be on top of the squares a few seconds to pick them up so you can take them back to the center. Also, I noticed that if I stayed alive awhile, even if I wasnt picking up any squares (ie not getting any points) the difficulty still increased (added lasers) which to me seemed unfair seeing as how I was trying to figure it out and the game just kept getting harder. Despite all that, I eventually figured it out, had fun, and enjoyed the simple yet clean (read: not ugly) graphics and shapes. I'd just add in the explanation how the pickup mechanism works, and if you could set the new lasers to appear at certain point amounts rather than time.